Friday, November 02, 2012

Infinite

So.
Have you ever seen a movie or read a book that literally changed your life? Whether in the way you think or how you act? Because I have a list of  them. And this happens to be one of them. 


I had read this book sometime back in high school after finding it sitting on the floor of my school's library. And it turned out I picked up the book at the right moment. I had just started recovering from a difficult point in my life and this book helped with the recovery. I connected with Charlie more than I had any other character that moved me (Including Harry Potter and Stargirl...yes, my bookworm is showing.). When I found out this past summer that Wallflower was going to be made into a movie, I was both excited and skeptical. I could not wait to see how it would look on screen, but I knew I would be heartbroken if it did not do the book justice. 
I am happy to say wasn't disappointed.
Last night, Daniel and I made it our date night to go see the 10:00 pm showing at the theater. We were the only two there, which was actually reallyreallyreally awesome to me. I hate movie crowds normally, especially since the area I live in has a lot of those annoying teens who don't care about the rules of not texting and what not during the show. 
Anyway, the movie. Daniel had not read the book yet, but since the movie didn't stray too far from the original story line  I'm okay with that. It ended up being a huge emotional roller coaster for the both of us, good and bad, which lead to another couple hours after the movie sitting in a Waffle House talking about how changed we were. You can think me corny for saying that, but the movie did change us. I wish I could express how, but that conversation contains somethings I'm just not ready to air out yet.
Seriously. I really do encourage anyone to go see this movie, especially if you are a fan of the book. Logan, Emma, and Ezra make a great threesome on screen and the message is powerful. 

In other news, Owlfish has ANOTHER tooth! We are up to nine teeth over here now. And she's pretty happy with how much more she can crunch with her teeth. Also, unfortunately, my time at Party City has ended. I was not kept on for post season, but oh well. Onto more job hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment