Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ghostly Galleon Tossed Upon Cloudy Seas

If you didn't get my title, you need to head back to the books and read Alfred Noyes's narrative poem "The Highwayman". This particular piece has always been a favorite of mine since about fourth grade, when I was first taught it in school. I had to memorize it to present to my class and it is among the random bits of teachings I somehow still remember. So when I caught a glimpse of the moon tonight while I was putting Owlfish to bed, I caught myself starting to recite the poem to her. The words came back like it was only yesterday I was standing in front of my class, probably shuffling my big feet. But what surprised me the most was to see her just staring at me while I spoke, listening to each word. Maybe there's a future word lover in the making? I sure hope so!

Earlier tonight, during dinner, I braved the 30 degree weather and went outside to snap a few pictures with my dusty Nikon oft he full moon. It was also a chance for me to use my second Nikkor Lens (55/200 mm) that I didn't get much chance to use at the university. While I wish I had a better lens to work with full shots of the moon, I'm pretty pleased with what I got.




If you haven't been outside tonight, brave that cold and take a walk! Enjoy the moon and the night. I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment