Friday, February 08, 2013

Things I'm Obsessed With

So, I've decided to do something about my constant silence that happens on this blog. To help spur some more posts, I'm going to add some random features on certain days. Some of the blogs I favorite and follow do posts like these, so I figured I would give it a go. So, for a kick starter, I'm going to start 'Things I Am Obsessed With" on the weekends (this may become a Saturday post eventually). And today, I am obsessed with...

Striped Stockings

Striped stockings/socks/OTK/etc have always been a favorite item of clothing. Call it the witch in me. Beyond their stereotypical use for any Halloween picture or costume, these babies have had a long history of use by carnies, party-goers, burlesque dancers, and more. I've had a fair few striped stockings over the years and in different color variations. But I always come back to the infamous black and white pattern. Whether I wear them with skirts or under jeans, they add a little bit of sauciness and magic to my outfit (in my opinion anyway :D). What's more, buy the right pair, extra warmth on those legs! Especially right now with how cold it is...or how snowed in you are up there in the Northeast! So I suggest to anyone who like me is a little on the quirky side to snag a few striped leg things. Get your carnie on!

No comments:

Post a Comment