Thursday, April 25, 2013

P.i.t.a. chip days


So. The terrible twos have been kicking in hardcore and we've only reached the 19 month mark. You know that phrase "Your gonna get your payback when you have a kid"? Yep. I know that now. And I can tell you, I'm getting my ass handed to me amid screaming and half eaten cookies. Owlfish is turning into a big girl now, and with that comes the big pain in the you-know-what days. We have officially dubbed these days as "P.i.t.a. Chip" days. She is becoming extremely sassy and very independent. Hates the word no. Likes to climb on the back of couches and give her food to the dogs even after being told off dozens of times. And I have had to admit defeat quit a few times while trying to find my sea legs with this kind of behavior. To the parents who have more than one child, I tip my hat off to you. I'm not sure yet what to do. I admit my immaturity as a parent here and I have had many nights where I have broken down  into tears and bitched to Daniel because I'm so frustrated. The good thing about this is that I know these days won't be forever. But that's a double edged sword. I know I'll one day miss these days of screaming matches, crunching cheerios into the rug, and taking off without mommy hold her hand. So I am okay with these Chip days. I'll get frustrated, I'll cry, I'll get mad. But at the end of the day, I'll tuck Abbie into bed, hug her goodnight, and tell her I love her. Because I do so much it hurts. I'll get my bearings eventually. 

I am thankful to say that today was not a Chip day. While it was uncomfortable for me with back to back doctors appointments because I finally needed them for myself, Owlfish was very well behaved and Daniel did not have to battle her much at all. Although I think she behaves better for him anyway. But I digress. I have a clean bill of health and a baby who now wants to play with blocks. I think I'll leave it here at that. 

And if you have tips and tricks on dealing with toddlers, send them my way! Thanks in advanced!

No comments:

Post a Comment