Thursday, May 02, 2013

Merry Beltane!



The May-pole is up,
Now give me the cup;
I'll drink to the garlands around it;
But first unto those
Whose hands did compose
The glory of flowers that crown'd it.

A health to my girls,
Whose husbands may earls
Or lords be, granting my wishes,
And when that ye wed
To the bridal bed,
Then multiply all, like to fishes.

-Robert Herrick -1591


I know I am a day late, but Merry Beltane to everyone! Yesterday was less than spring-y and happy around our house, but we tried to make the most of it. Owlfish has developed this terrible habit of wanting to wear no pants OR diaper anymore. It's a pretty messy and frustrating phase. I am hoping it dies off quickly. As for me, I've been battling a sore throat that is creeping up on me. I am determined to not get sick this close to Mother's Day. On top of that, I am facing a pretty bad artist block and it was pretty evident today. But this too shall pass. Luckily, I have the Georiga RenFest to look forward to either this weekend or next. And school is coming up pretty quick! So much left to do before then. I hope you all had a fantastic May Day!

And once again, if you have any advice on terrible twos, please send it my way! I am all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment