Saturday, January 18, 2014

3 / 52


-portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week of 2014-

Abbie: Her grandparents found a bucket of my old toddler clothes they held onto. She chose today's outfit came from those clothes even though she isn't the biggest fan of the color pink.

This picture was shot with my Nikon D3000 with Af-S Nikkor 18-55 mm lens (the kit lens).

Owlfish is really growing up.

Recently, Abbie has really attached herself to the show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, which is completely okay with me. But she decided to shock me recently by talking to the show using lines from it! Like when Mickey and his friends call on the Mousekatool, Toodles, she'll cup her hands around her mouth and go "Oh Tooddles!". She also answers "yes" and "no" when Mickey asks a question. And today, she counted to FIVE! Count it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! And she also can identify her name when it's written out and the letters A, B, C, and M (I think the "M" because of "Mommy"). I don't know what got into her today, but she's be loving showing off all she knows. It's so exciting to hear, but there's still a little part of me that keeps thinking "Stop growing so fast." My baby really isn't a baby anymore, she's a big kid. I know daycare will help spur the growth the longer she's there, but my fragile little mom heart sometimes can't take it.

Seriously, look at this:



The top picture was one I took of Abbie when she was five months, way back in Aril of 2012. The bottom one is one I took of her last week while snapping off pictures for the 52 Project. I still remember the little drooling tumble of a baby she was in the top picture, I remember that exact moment. So much has happened between both of these pictures, in both of our lives. But still, to see how much she has changed as a growing human is beautiful and heartbreaking. She's so smart and beautiful, I know every mother on the GD planet says that, but she is. And she's mine. I'm excited to see just how far she'll go.

Yes, I'm being corny and sentimental instead of doing my homework. It's worth it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment