Thursday, February 13, 2014

and then the snow came

Hothlanta, Day Three

And we had quite a snowfall in the night. Woke up this morning to a blanket of white everywhere, maybe about two inches of it. Even got some sunshine finally! I usually hate the sun, but I was glad to see it today. And after almost two days of being stuck inside, Owlfish and I took this opportunity to get out and enjoy the weather while it lasted. If there is one thing I can say to snowfall in the south, it doesn't last. The ice is what sticks around. Here's this day's round of photos-















^^^ Look, sunshine!! It came back today! vvv




My little brother trying to convince Owlfish that he's on her side of the snowball fight while one of my neighbor's little girls throws a snowball at his head. Julia is so funny!


Julia's big sister, Grace, giving Owlfish her first ride on a sled!


She enjoyed it!



On the left is the attempt at a snowman in our driveway. he's no Olaf, but I think Elsa would be proud. (PS- If you haven't seen Frozen yet, um...get a move on!)









My dad and brother shoveling the snow and ice off our porch.





Hope those of you in Atlanta had a good snow day and stayed warm! Hopefully this is the last of the winter storms. I may hate the sun and heat, but I am ready for spring to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment